Popular Posts

Monday, October 28, 2013

SANDERSON, ETC

This is where RM2400 splits off to the southwest to Sanderson, south of Sheffield. It's one of the most scenic drives in Texas in my opinion.
This is at that intersection mentioned above. Migrant workers sold Pecos cantaloupes and water melon here from Pecos Texas when I was a child, my folks always stopped here and bought what we would eat on our rounds around the park, this was in the late 50's, and early 60's. The building must have been hit by high wind since I was by here a few months ago, it does look worse for wear.

More in a while I hope, thanks for checking in,

Suerte

1 comment:

  1. I really like that area of west Texas. My wife and I recently drove the 'old' 290 road near Sheffield. I'm sure your know the spot, the place where it drops down about 1,000 ' near Ft. Lancaster. Beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete