This is the time of the year to remember my kinfolks of the past.
Seems that they didn't want someone telling them how or when to jump, and they got together and came up with this:
Which many years later, prompted me to come up with this:
You can surmise from this that I pretty much have the same attitude if you read Spanish.
You can get some background here:
http://www.tamu.edu/faculty/ccbn/dewitt/batgon.htm
Thanks for stopping in and teach your children well.
Suerte
Popular Posts
-
Howdy folks, been gone a while, but busy, was here last few days, just a few to say hello and I'm back.
-
A friend of mine, that saw a border patrol truck in my place called me Wednesday night, and he told me they had tracked 7 illegals in to m...
-
Needs to clean this mess up................ Suerte
-
Some of you might be able to guess where? Suerte
-
Out of 2 bulk ammo boxes of .223, I got 10 extra in both boxes, funny, it's usually 2 to 5 short, but I guess I caught up this time. ...
-
Thanks for checking in. I rummaged around in the back of safe 2 this morning to see if anything needed attention, and Glory Be, this old ...
-
Wanted to say something about the Antelope Lodge in Alpine. When we arrived, we had reservations, and were assigned adjoining rooms in th...
-
Patti, said I do, me too. It's been great and thanks for the support and memories babe. ( check out those python boots! ) Suerte
-
Forgot to mention thank you to Don for following the blog. It was my neighbor at the door wanting to borrow a 2 wheel dolly to move furnitu...
-
This is what we first encountered when we left the river crossing, no barricades, or anything to indicate the road was washed out,. ...
Also a 7th Gen Texian. My kin were farther east Shelbyville and San Augustine but made their way to Gonzales and Wilson Counties mid 1850's. Did join up with Gen'l Sam eventually. My kids know specific dates that I used to grill them on and will call them and ask them 'do you know what today is?' but they have little interest otherwise.
ReplyDeleteMy son and his kids are proud of being 8th and 9th generations, but my daughter and grand daughter, not so much, I understand, and thanks for stopping in.
ReplyDelete