Just had a phone call about Patti's Mother, had a stroke, but doing well in the hospital in Tyler.
To give you a background on her parents, her Dad Joe, drove a landing craft on to the beach 6 times on D-Day. 5 of those times was to pick up and evacuate the wounded.
He never talked to anyone about that but me, about 10 years ago, we both unloaded on each other when the women folk were gone somewhere, but I always had great respect for him any way.( He was killed in a tractor accident on their farm 3 years ago.){ you go through 4 years of war, go home, and die on a dammed tractor in your own back yard........}
Patti's Mother now is 87, frail, but general good health till tonight. We'll see what the doctors say tomorrow.
Suerte
Dang I hate getting old.
Popular Posts
-
Needs to clean this mess up................ Suerte
-
Howdy folks, been gone a while, but busy, was here last few days, just a few to say hello and I'm back.
-
Wanted to say something about the Antelope Lodge in Alpine. When we arrived, we had reservations, and were assigned adjoining rooms in th...
-
A friend of mine, that saw a border patrol truck in my place called me Wednesday night, and he told me they had tracked 7 illegals in to m...
-
Some of you might be able to guess where? Suerte
-
Out of 2 bulk ammo boxes of .223, I got 10 extra in both boxes, funny, it's usually 2 to 5 short, but I guess I caught up this time. ...
-
The live oak trees are dropping acorns early this year, and the whitetails here in central Texas are already showing signs of the 'rut...
-
Thanks for checking in. I rummaged around in the back of safe 2 this morning to see if anything needed attention, and Glory Be, this old ...
-
Patti, said I do, me too. It's been great and thanks for the support and memories babe. ( check out those python boots! ) Suerte
-
Anyone still watching?
I sincerely hope Patty's mother gets well soon.
ReplyDelete