Popular Posts

Monday, May 28, 2012

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

Hope all is well with your world today.
I have a brisket cooking in the back yard, since about 7:00ish this morning, the better half has gone shopping for some clothes for vacation in a couple of weeks, so it's just me here with the dogs for a couple of hours.
A great majority of us have kinfolks that are combat vets. That being said, I want to thank publicly my  uncle John, who is still with us, although in frail health, for his service in WWII. He was a bombardier in a B-17, and flew 35 missions in Germany, with one forced landing in France, in support of Patton's troops. I have his memoirs, and will try to put them together and post when I can get it done. He's a great guy, and I think the world of him, we are losing WWII vets rapidly, so thank one when you see one please.
Also, a very good friend of mine was injured in a head on collision last night, and go figure, the woman that ran into his car was drunk. He's going to be ok, a broken ankle, but PLEASE don't drink and drive, get a designated driver, and stick to it.

Have a wonderful day, be safe.

Suerte

No comments:

Post a Comment