Popular Posts

Sunday, July 29, 2012

THE RETREAT

SILENT VISIT
Good to get out to the desert for a couple of days. We've had some beneficial rain this year, more already than the last 2 years combined. The TPW game biologist was at the gate as I was coming in, he was leaving, and said the head count was down this year 44% over last year on mule deer. I don't doubt that number a bit, since this time last year, very few yearlings or fawns have been seen at my camp. The deer I saw this time, look to be in better shape than they were a few months back, but there are far fewer of them as well. Mother nature at work I suppose. One of my cameras caught this coyote coming through camp, the date is 2012, not 2011, I don't know how I managed to do that.
RAIN AT NIGHT
DEER LOOKING BETTER
.264 Win Mag @ 100 yards

The .264 still shoots straight, it's me that doesn't anymore, I can't see as well as I used to.
Going to clean up and unload, so I can go back to work in the morning, hope you had a good weekend, and thanks to Craig, a new follower.

Suerte

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Hope you had a nice relaxing weekend at the ranch.

    Did you happen to notice the quail on top of the feeder in the coyote pic?

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very observant!
    Heard quite a few quail calling Saturday morning, along with a road runner, nice. Food for the soul.

    ReplyDelete