Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

LIZARD

I don't know what you call this little fella, I found him in the canyon one weekend day, just walking, and digging for water, which I found in many places in the gravel, always, on the 'high' side, about 2 feet down. I needed some filtration for the water, but did not have, so I did not drink it, however, it was wet, and that's really important when you need it.
My canyon has a lot of walnut trees in it, none more than 12 feet high, and some desert willows about as big, I will try to send some photo's of them. You never see anything more than 3 feet tall anywhere else on the ranch.
Sanderson is the" Cactus Capitol of Texas"

Suerte

6 comments:

  1. Do you know that you can eat cactus? It is quite delicious and very beneficial if you happen to be a diabetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MsB:
      There is a place near my work, that you can get a taco with cactus in it, the spanish escapes me right now, maybe nopilito? It's pretty good, but I would rather have bacon and eggs.

      Delete
  2. Ah, a gun man, I approve. To add to what she said, you can eat rattle snakes also, but you already know that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billy, thanks for checking in.
      I would only eat a snake if I were in dire straights. ( I have been there before, but never had the occasion.)
      I collect guns, never have the time to shoot them all, can't keep them all cleaned, even if I don't shoot them, my wife Patti say's I need to sell some of them, but I resist that every chance I get!

      Delete
  3. I really like the Sanderson area. I'm a 'windmill guy' and that area has some of the largest water pumping windmills ever made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. QK:
      Thanks for checking in, what part of the world are you in?

      Delete