Popular Posts

Friday, December 2, 2011

UNINVITED GUESTS

This is a photo of a bunch of hogs at the feeder in camp. If I would have been there, I would have probably had to shoot them to run them off. They dominate the feeders, and run the deer off, and I just can't stand a herd of them coming in to camp. They are fearless, and think they own the place. You can shoot a round a foot away from them, and they do not react, except to get madder than they were to begin with. I do not suffer pigs well.
One night about 6 or 7 years ago, I came in to open camp up in the dark about midnight or so, and there was a small herd there at the time. The boss , I guess, and his right hand man, went to popping their teeth, and running at me when I got out of the truck. I don't shoot anything out there, but a skunk or a snake, but those two pigs scared me. They are both now in my lawyers office in Chicago. God bless a Colt.45 acp.
They DO STINK to high heaven when you skin them. I hope I never do again.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I would want to run into this pack. Are these what they call feral hogs?

    ReplyDelete