My friend and neighbor Don, went to the ranch with me last week. As you can see, he was in charge of adult beverages disbursement, and did a fairly good job of it. This was his first visit, and like I told him on the way there, you'll either love it, or hate it. He really liked it, so we'll do a repeat this fall sometime. He is a Korea War veteran, and had not held a firearm in his hands since discharge. He drooled over the Thompson .45, it brought back memories for him, and the Colt 1911, but he really liked the 29 .44 Mag. Don is a quite, gentle man, and I'm proud to be his friend. For 75, he still gets around well, and goes to work everyday at his job for an un named Federal office.
We made the trip in and out of the ranch without being stopped by any law enforcement, although we saw many border patrol, and Game Wardens.
The deer herd, although thinned out by the drought, look to be in a lot better shape than this time last year.
Has been an extremely busy last 45 days for me, no time for much besides work, due to a lack of trained managers at my job, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, I think.
I want to welcome a new follower, Steven Elieson, to this mess.
The Thompson.
Still fighting with the city about the damage to my sewer system, their stance is: it's not their fault.
Hope ya'll have a good weekend, and thanks for stopping by.
Suerte
Popular Posts
-
Needs to clean this mess up................ Suerte
-
Howdy folks, been gone a while, but busy, was here last few days, just a few to say hello and I'm back.
-
Some of you might be able to guess where? Suerte
-
Wanted to say something about the Antelope Lodge in Alpine. When we arrived, we had reservations, and were assigned adjoining rooms in th...
-
A friend of mine, that saw a border patrol truck in my place called me Wednesday night, and he told me they had tracked 7 illegals in to m...
-
Out of 2 bulk ammo boxes of .223, I got 10 extra in both boxes, funny, it's usually 2 to 5 short, but I guess I caught up this time. ...
-
The live oak trees are dropping acorns early this year, and the whitetails here in central Texas are already showing signs of the 'rut...
-
Patti, said I do, me too. It's been great and thanks for the support and memories babe. ( check out those python boots! ) Suerte
-
Thanks for checking in. I rummaged around in the back of safe 2 this morning to see if anything needed attention, and Glory Be, this old ...
-
Anyone still watching?
Glad your friend enjoyed the trip.
ReplyDeleteWas wondering if you "have to" give access to your ranch to the Border Patrol or if it is just voluntary?
Ms B
ReplyDeleteThey don't need permission within 25 miles of the border.
Thanks for the reply. I was not aware of that.
ReplyDelete