From the time I was a little kid in school, I never liked a bully. I learned the hard way like most kid's, you can't win with appeasement, you have to stand up, bow your back, and kick their ass. You might get bloodied, but if you kick their ass, they will probably leave you alone.
That's what we did on D Day.
As the years go by, we are losing our heroes more quickly than ever, and the new generations ccoming along behind, have no idea of the sacrifice the Greatest Generation made for us, me, you, all of us.
My personal hero is my Uncle John, who flew 35 missions in a B-17, some of them prettty tough, and returned in one piece.
If you know a WWII vet, please pay your respects to him as soon as you can, you owe him.
Suerte
Popular Posts
-
Howdy folks, been gone a while, but busy, was here last few days, just a few to say hello and I'm back.
-
A friend of mine, that saw a border patrol truck in my place called me Wednesday night, and he told me they had tracked 7 illegals in to m...
-
Some of you might be able to guess where? Suerte
-
Needs to clean this mess up................ Suerte
-
Out of 2 bulk ammo boxes of .223, I got 10 extra in both boxes, funny, it's usually 2 to 5 short, but I guess I caught up this time. ...
-
Wanted to say something about the Antelope Lodge in Alpine. When we arrived, we had reservations, and were assigned adjoining rooms in th...
-
Thanks for checking in. I rummaged around in the back of safe 2 this morning to see if anything needed attention, and Glory Be, this old ...
-
This is what we first encountered when we left the river crossing, no barricades, or anything to indicate the road was washed out,. ...
-
Patti, said I do, me too. It's been great and thanks for the support and memories babe. ( check out those python boots! ) Suerte
-
Forgot to mention thank you to Don for following the blog. It was my neighbor at the door wanting to borrow a 2 wheel dolly to move furnitu...




My dad went into Normandy after the first day and told of seeing wrist watches and all kinds of stuff laying on the beach. He was amazed at the steady stream of planes that went over his ship and then went back toward England. He wouldn't talk about it much and I didn't try to pry it out as he didn't want to go through it again.
ReplyDeleteBravo and thanks.
ReplyDeleteMy dad was in the Pacific fighting the Japs, that was an ugly place to be as well. He didn't want to talk much about it either, and I can understand why.
Thanks for checking in.